Why book a Turkey golf holiday?
Turkey is fast becoming one of the most popular golfing destinations on Earth and it’s easy to see why. With its breathtaking courses and top-quality facilities, our package golf holidays to Turkey might just be what you’re looking for. A huge level of investment in the beautiful Belek region has resulted in a world-class golf holiday destination, for golfers of all levels. Belek is now well known for:
- Luxury resorts within easy reach of Antalya Airport.
- Unlimited golfing on spectacular golf courses.
- All inclusive golf breaks with superb restaurants, bars and hotels within the resort.
- Excellent facilities away from the fairway including spas and swimming pools.
- State of the art practice facilities.
- Beach front access from the majority of hotels.
- A reliable dry and warm climate with lots of sunshine.
- Very short transfer times between different golf courses.
The best Turkey golf resorts to discover
Whether you’re looking for a five-star, all-inclusive experience for your golf break in Turkey, or you’re looking to play the more affordable yet still stunning courses, then you will not be disappointed with Belek. The very modern and expansive golf resorts of Belek lie just 30km east of the city of Antalya, a short drive away from the airport.
Those retiring to their hotels after an enjoyable round of golf in Belek will be in awe of the first-class facilities on offer. Here’s a list of the 10 most popular resorts available:
The best Belek golf courses
Belek now plays host to an annual European Tour event, the Turkish Airlines Open, and the region is starting to receive the golfing prestige it so richly deserves. Investment in five-star resorts has been matched by the creation of some impeccable golf courses, which are all a short trip away from each other, making it the perfect choice for golfers keen to experience an array of courses. The best golf in Belek can be found at courses such as:
- Cornelia Faldo Golf Course – This 27 hole championship golf course was designed by Sir Nick Faldo, one of golf’s greats and provides golf enthusiasts with a true test of skill. Opened in 2006, The Cornelia offers spectacular mountain views and plenty of water and bunkers for some unique and challenging rounds. Accompanied with modern, stylistic practice areas, this course will be one you won’t forget in a hurry.
- The Montgomerie Maxx Royal Golf Course – This superb championship course was opened in 2007 and hosted the Turkish Open 6 years later. Described by some as one of the finest courses in the world, it has a natural and wild feel to it. With its pristine fairways and super soft greens, it is the ultimate in golf luxury for any keen golfer looking for a deluxe golfing experience. Once you’re done experiencing the world renowned course, unwind in Belek’s finest club house that plays host to excellent fine dining and a state of the art pro shop fully equipped with the latest in golf equipment technology.
- Carya Golf Club – One of the more familiar looking courses for English visitors, as the course has planted over one million heather plants, taking inspiration from traditional English courses such as Wentworth and Sunningdale. This course allows you to experience your usual type of golf course but with the added bonus of the lovely Turkish sun. Each of the immaculate 18 holes at Carya Golf Club are floodlit so you can play on well into the evening, as the temperature drops giving you the rare chance to experience a night time full 18 round.
- The Pines at Sueno Golf Club – Part of the Sueno Complex, The Pines is the older brother to The Dunes course and is considered the harder of the two. This course is designed for the lower handicap golfer looking for a more challenging round. It’s a firm but fair course, giving you plenty of opportunity to make par but also has a few holes that will put your golfing ability to the test with its 19 lakes scattered around. With its impeccably well kept fairways and greens and its immense scenery, this course is a must try for the passionate golfers amongst us.
- The Dunes at Sueno Golf Club – The Dunes is the smallest of the two incredible courses to be developed by PGA Designers at the Sueno Golf Club. This immaculate course is best known for the iconic island green on the 18th hole as well as its varied hole layout and forgiving fairways. A great choice for the casual golfer or those with a higher handicap.
Other attractions to experience in Turkey
It’s not just the golf in Turkey that will exceed your expectations. The country also boasts some incredible natural and urban attractions to discover, which will make your golf trip even more special. Must see attractions to take in after your morning round of golf include:
- The Land of Legends Theme Park – A brilliant day out with rollercoasters, a water park and aquarium.
- Kurşunlu Waterfall – A natural wonder offering peace and quiet and the ideal place for a picnic.
- Belek Public Beach – It’s the perfect place to relax, away from the golf course, with coffee coloured sand and brilliant facilities.
- Haman on the beach spa – A highly regarded spa, which offers magnificent views of the sea as you unwind.
- Jeep safari in the Taurus mountains – For those who are feeling more adventurous, you can enjoy an action-packed trip off the beaten track.
Types of Turkey golf breaks available
The flight time from English airports to Antalya Airport is approximately 4 and half hours. So the majority of golfers looking to discover golf in Turkey, usually escape to Belek for a minimum of 5 days. Turkey is the perfect destination if you are looking for the following type of golf holiday:
- An all-inclusive holiday –Accommodation, course fees and dining costs are settled before you travel. So for bigger groups, an all inclusive golf holiday is ideal.
- A luxury golf break – Belek is blessed with some stunning and ultra-modern golf resorts, which will provide an unforgettable 5-star experience. Browse our most luxurious Belek golf deals.
- Unlimited golf holidays – Golf in Belek is renowned for offering a wide range of incredible courses in easy reach of one another. This is the perfect type of Turkey golf break for those who want to fit in as much golf as possible.
Book incredible value Turkey golf holidays with Glencor
Golf in Belek, Turkey offers so much more than the putting greens. If you like the sound of sun, sea, sand, and luxurious golf courses, then Turkey is certainly the place for you. To find out more about golf in Turkey and all the amazing additions the region has to offer, contact us here. Our experts will help you find your ideal golf hotel in Belek and ensure you make the most of your holiday on the stunning coast.
“Once again we had a fantastic holiday with everything running smoothly. Glencor never let us down. I would have no hesitation recommending them to anyone looking for a golf holiday.”
“I have been using Glencor Golf for many years and have always received excellent service.. my last holiday was no exception..just a pity they can’t control the weather.”
“We had a 1st class trip from start to finish. & are in the process of booking with Glencor for our next trip.
Booking was made simple by Glencor’s great team. Their service was excellent & professional. They took care of everything & I would like to add we had a cancellation 12 months prior to this trip & we were refunded within days.”
Read More Testimonials Here