Why book a Turkey golf holiday?
Turkey is fast becoming one of the most popular golfing destinations on Earth! A huge level of investment in the beautiful Belek region has resulted in a world-class golf holiday destination, which is now well known for:
- Luxury resorts within easy reach of Antalya Airport.
- Unlimited golfing on some spectacular golf courses.
- All inclusive golf breaks with superb restaurants, bars and hotels within the resort.
- Excellent facilities away from the fairway including spas and swimming pools.
- Beach front access from the majority of hotels.
- A reliable dry and warm climate with lots of sunshine.
- Very short transfer times between different golf courses.
The best Turkey golf resorts to discover
If you’re looking for a five-star, all-inclusive experience for your golf break in Turkey, then you will not be disappointed. The very modern and expansive golf resorts of Belek lie just 30km east of the city of Antalya, a short drive away from the airport.
Those retiring to their hotels after an enjoyable round of golf in Belek will be in awe of the first-class facilities on offer. Here’s a list of the 10 most popular resorts available:
The best Belek golf courses
Belek now plays host to an annual European Tour event, the Turkish Airlines Open, and the region is starting to receive the golfing prestige it so richly deserves. Investment in five-star resorts has been matched by the creation of some impeccable golf courses, which are all a short trip away from each other. The best golf in Belek can be found at courses such as:
- Cornelia Faldo Golf Course – This 27 hole championship golf course was designed by Nick Faldo and opened in 2006. The Cornelia offers spectacular mountain views and plenty of water and bunkers for some unique and challenging rounds.
- The Montgomerie Maxx Royal Golf Course – This superb championship course was opened in 2007 and hosted the Turkish Open 6 years later. Described by some as one of the finest courses in the world, it has a natural and wild feel to it. Unwind after an unforgettable round in Belek’s finest club house.
- Carya Golf Club – Each of the immaculate 18 holes at Carya Golf Club are floodlit so you can play on well into the evening, as the temperature drops. Almost one million heather plants were laid at Carya to give the course a traditional English feel.
- The Pines at Sueno Golf Club – The Pines is the older brother to the Dune course and is considered the harder of the two. This is a highly challenging but fair course, which features a total of 19 lakes to navigate! It is impeccably well kept and the scenery is immense.
- The Dunes at Sueno Golf Club – The Dunes is the smallest of the two incredible courses to be developed by PGA Design at the Sueno Golf Club. This immaculate course is best known for the iconic island green on the 18th hole.
Other attractions to experience in Turkey
It’s not just the golf in Turkey that will exceed your expectations. The country also boasts some incredible natural and urban attractions to discover, which will make your golf trip even more special. Must see attractions to take in after your morning round of golf include:
- The Land of Legends Theme Park – A brilliant day out with rollercoasters, a water park and aquarium.
- Kurşunlu Waterfall – A natural wonder offering peace and quiet and the ideal place for a picnic.
- Belek Public Beach – It’s the perfect place to relax, away from the golf course, with coffee coloured sand and brilliant facilities.
- Haman on the beach spa – A highly regarded spa, which offers magnificent views of the sea as you unwind.
- Jeep safari in the Taurus mountains – For those who are feeling more adventurous, you can enjoy an action-packed trip off the beaten track.
Types of Turkey golf breaks available
The flight time from English airports to Antalya Airport is approximately 4 and half hours. So the majority of golfers looking to discover golf in Turkey, usually escape to Belek for a minimum of 5 days. Turkey is the perfect destination if you are looking for the following type of golf holiday:
- An all-inclusive holiday –Accommodation, course fees and dining costs are settled before you travel. So for bigger groups, an all inclusive golf holiday is ideal.
- A luxury golf break – Belek is blessed with some stunning and ultra-modern golf resorts, which will provide an unforgettable 5-star experience. Browse our most luxurious Belek golf deals.
- Unlimited golf holidays – Golf in Belek is renowned for offering a wide range of incredible courses in easy reach of one another. This is the perfect type of Turkey golf break for those who want to fit in as much golf as possible.